Monday, March 22, 2010

Monday meme

I have so many things I would like to write about. Things I need to write about. Things that are half written, but not finished. But I can’t seem to get it together right now. And so when a friend sent me this list of questions, I thought it would be a great way to procrastinate. . . Please keep it going if you are so inclined, I would love to read your answers.


My favorite moment of the day is ...
Definitely the morning, waking up. I say my grateful prayers, wake Martha . . . slowly, and get my marching orders for the day. Morning is sometimes the only time we see each other and we try to have a few moments of intimacy before the world comes and demands our attention.

If I could say one thing to myself 20 years ago . . .
I would tell myself that life does go on and it’s okay to love again.

The lesson I keep learning over and over . . .
Some people truly don’t care if they hurt others. I will never understand it but I am forced to keep learning it.

What scares me most is . . .
something bad happening to my daughters.

No one knows I . . .
Can’t stand to have my feet touched. Well, a few people do know that actually.

Unhealthiest meal . . .
Chocolate, chips, and ice cream for dessert. Yum.

Personal philosophy . . .
Life is basically a series of daily choices. Always choose love - love of self, love of others, love of creation, love of God.

I feel healthy when I . . .
Have a good workout at the gym.

I unwind by . . .
Sharing a meal with friends and/or family.

Proudest moment of my career . . .
Losing my job for standing up for my principles.

My father always told me . . .
You can only do the best you can do.

My mother was right about . . .
Just about everything - eating breakfast, clean underwear, being nice to my sister, working hard, doing the right thing, flossing, healing broken relationships, a good night’s sleep . . .

My mother was wrong about . . .
Telling me I would learn how to cook when I had a family to cook for.

The movie I watch when I want to laugh is . . .
Young Frankenstein. Which is actually Martha’s favorite movie. I am not a big Mel Brooks fan but whenever I see the movie, I think about how hard Martha laughs at it, and that makes me laugh. “Put the candle back!” has become a punch line for almost everything in our house.

I always feel saner when I . . .
Walk at the beach, take a sauna, sit in an empty church, share my problems with a good friend.

Home means . .
Being with the people I love, wherever that is.

Whole living means . . .
Doing the right thing, being honest and authentic and taking care of myself morally, ethically, health wise, and spiritually.

10 comments:

  1. Who needs to cook when you eat chocolate, chips and ice cream for dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh a new recipe, chocolate, chips and Icecream, LOL

    I think that I may need to 'borrow' this but will need to contemplate my answers for a day or two :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Life is basically a series of daily choices." Yes, I feel exactly the same way.

    Great meme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only you would think your career highlight was getting fired : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why does it take so long for children to learn that their mothers were right all along?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great meme. Wonderful answers. I may borrow this one...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Young Frankenstein is a great movie!

    Frau Bleucher!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I admire your brevity. I would expostulate on each part of this meme--it is more interesting, beautiful reading your pithy answers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice blog................cool stuff

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice blog................cool stuff

    ReplyDelete