Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Full of Grace


  • I just found a station on Pandora radio - summertime oldies. I am now reliving my misspent beach bum youth.
  • A couple of days of rain gave me a much needed break from the physical labor of deck building. Oh, do I ache!
  • But the semi-pergola is up and the railings almost done.  I’m in the home stretch.


  • My secretary of over 26 years retired.  I will miss her on a personal level but work-wise, it was time.
  • I survived my first day of the May healthier eating challenge.  Although I was only planning to avoid sugar in the morning and evening hours, I found if I didn’t start eating it, I didn’t crave it. I went a whole day without sweets and didn't die.

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting through day one! Nice progress on the deck. Looking good. Cheers to your secretary and her next adventure. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats to you as well. Day two was definitely more of a challenge.

      Delete
  2. AnonymousMay 03, 2016

    Very impressed with the deck! I can see why you are tired/sore... but you will have a great time relaxing on it when it is complete!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have had so much rain I am beginning to doubt it will ever be finished. (Although my body is seriously in need of a break : )

      Delete
  3. Hard to lose a good employee/co-worker. 26 years is a long, long time! Almost unheard of to stay in one job for that long in this day and age. Have you started interviewing yet? I keep thinking I'm going to do a post on interviewing. This might inspire me to do so. The deck is looking great. You have such skills!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately another staff person wanted to come work with me so I didn't need to interview (and knew exactly what I was getting) nor will I have to do much training. Win, win! Of course, the people I stole her from weren't too happy . . .

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful deck! You have some wonderful skills there woman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Working with wood is one of my favorite past-times, which I find very relaxing. Except when things don't go well . . .

      Delete
  5. The deck is looking fantastic! What a monster of a project -- ouch! Glad you got some rest.
    The challenge sounds like it's going well for youse guys. I haven't had any fast food this week, but it's only Tuesday, ha!

    ReplyDelete