As I write this it is minus 10 degrees outside with a minus 42 degree wind chill. The wind is gusting and blowing the powdery snow into white-out conditions. It is pretty easy to feel gratitude for the simple things:
- Having a home and a working furnace.
- Being cozy warm in bed with flannel sheets and a down comforter.
- Snuggling with Martha and planning a summer beach vacation. Just looking at the pictures makes me giddy with anticipation.
- The smell of fresh baked chocolate chip cookies.
- Seedlings that are already starting to sprout in the basement getting me very excited about spring.