Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Full of Grace

Kristin Noelle - Trust tending



1. The luxury of being able to retreat from daily routines to go explore some deep inner places.


2. Friends and family who kept their hands extended to make sure I didn't get too lost while exploring.


3. The privilege of spending time in the woods with an American Indian friend who taught me much about the spirituality of mind and body and nature  - often without even saying a word.   What an amazing experience.


4. Perfect days that look like Autumn but feel like Summer.


5. The anticipation of catching up on everyone’s blogs and emails.  


I didn't realize I had been away so long so but it was time well spent.  It may take me awhile, but I will catch up with you, and hopefully write about some of my recent experiences too.  Thank you to everyone who stayed with me.

12 comments:

  1. I am very happy for you that you had this experience, and especially that it was in this lovely Autumn that feels like Summer. It sounds like a good way to tend to your soul during the difficult month of September (and, perhaps, into October).

    On the flip side, wow, did you ever miss some football!!! ;-)
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I won my last two fantasy football weeks while I wasn't around to fiddle with them. Go figure.

      Delete
  2. Argh. Just lost my whole comment. Trying again.

    I love the picture and what it says. Beautiful.

    And I'm really enjoying autumn. It's lovely. But I went and washed my blankets to prepare for the coming cool weather we're being warned of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't gone to the flannel sheets yet but last night was a hint that it is coming. Still, we can't complain abut this Fall in the Northeast. it has been spectacular!

      Delete
  3. oh that # 4! will i manage to get my spring mulch all down before winter? before i begin zillion leaf pickup?
    maybe.
    maybe not. :^)

    it seems to me you've earned the hands (and shoulders) of friends and family. so glad.

    love
    kj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't put the pool stuff away yet and it is now being covered with pine needles. *sigh* Oh well, summer will be here before I know it and if I don't get to it now, it will just be out early come summer.

      Delete
  4. welcome back :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm SO glad you're back! I missed this post yesterday (I was off playing hooky with my new love and savoring every single moment of it...) but I stopped by today and was hoping there would be a Tuesday post. Hopefully you'll share some of what you learned while our exploring?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am still trying to catch up on everyone's blogs but I will get there.

      And then more writing . . .

      Delete
  6. Autumn here so far, ihasn't been like summer but rather more more like spring. That is fine.

    And yes, welcome back. I'm glad you had such a restorative time.

    ReplyDelete