Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Full of Grace

1.  Being all together to celebrate Martha’s birthday.


2.  Dinner at the French restaurant at the Culinary Institute of America.  The food was embarrassingly fancy and expensive, but Martha enjoyed the spectacle and the girls enjoyed the wine : )    And I am thankful to have the financial means to occasionally celebrate a very special occasion in a very special way.





3.  Sunday morning, waking to the sound of snowplows and being able to just burrow down deeper into the blankies and go back to sleep.


4.  That the world can be so breathtakingly beautiful.

5.  And, of course, during this week of Thanksgiving. my most favorite of all holidays - I am thankful for all of the folks who come and visit with me here; for all who are kind enough to take the time to comment; and especially for those of you (you know who you are) who continue to be such a source of strength and support and inspiration to me.  

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Martha. So wonderful to be able to celebrate fancifully. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday wishes for Martha, and many more wishes for a wonderful and joyous Thanksgiving. I hope this second wave of wintery weather does not keep your family from gathering together. Brrrr.

    I am thankful for you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a lovely thing to celebrate someone in an fancy way sometimes. Why not! I love Thanksgiving too. I like gifts, but it's nice to have a holiday that's just about being thankful. I hope you have a lovely one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Martha and T have birthdays around the same time! T's was on Saturday. We had fun, but our dinner out was not quite that fancy!

    Have a lovely, warm, homey Thanksgiving, 8, and I'll do the same. Lots of love to you and yours and all your blog readers as well...

    xoxo
    e

    ReplyDelete
  5. A happy belated birthday to Martha. I'm sure her best gift was that you were all together.

    ReplyDelete