Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Full of Grace

1.  Giving Blood.  It has been a long, long time since I’ve been eligible to donate blood, either because of the cancer and or medication issues.    I am finally eligible again!  (Because, you know, you never really feel particularly healthy when a blood bank won’t take your blood)

2.  All those people who are unaware of the beautiful impact they've made on my life.   

3.  Veterans.  All veterans.  But especially those wounded warriors whose injuries are not visible.

4. Beanie home for a surprise (16 hour) visit.  She basically came home to sleep and clean out the fridge, but I’ll take it.  Also that an event she helped organize at college raised $19,000 for St. Judes.  I am so very proud of her.

5.  A day trip in New England, browsing antiques shops, country stores and enjoying a wonderful comfort food yankee pot roast in an old tavern, with a fire, on a cold blustery day.   This time of year Martha and I are so busy we rarely see each other on weekends.  Getting an extra free day on a three day weekend was delightful.

5 comments:

  1. This is all lovely, but I especially love this one:

    2. All those people who are unaware of the beautiful impact they've made on my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the things I love best about your grateful lists are that they are generally available to every person . . . the simple pleasures of health, home, loved ones and nature. Once again, thank you for reminding me to notice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Sue!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto what was already expressed. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You put love in, you get love out. I love these posts.

    ReplyDelete