Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Full of Grace


  • Having my fashionista daughter quickly find me a really cute sun dress to wear for an outdoor wedding this weekend, thereby saving me from wandering aimlessly around the mall for hours. And even better, I needed it smaller than my usual size!



  • Central air conditioning that still lets us snuggle under a duvet when it’s a 90 degree morning.



  • Participating in a Mudmania obstacle course with my daughters. This was a fund raiser for a local family who have been deeply impacted by Huntington’s disease. There was some serious mud. I can’t recall laughing so hard. Ever.





And no, that is not me


not me either






  • My sister getting us Broadway tickets to see The Book of Mormon. I am so looking forward to that.



  • French fries with mayonnaise. Yum. ( I may need that bigger dress by Sunday)

5 comments:

  1. You had me until the mayonnaise.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I borrow Peachie as my personal shopper?

    Wormwood - I thought fries with mayo would be the grossest combination too, but 8thday turned me on to this. Try it! (not that I need the extra calories)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heart this post! It sounds like summer and fun!

    Isn't it awesome to have a personal shopper?!?

    Fries and mayo ~ very Belgian of you (or Dutch, depending). Try adding some classic yellow mustard to the mayo. Now, that's delish!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laughter is truly the most amazing gift. And very healing.

    I heard tickets for B of M were impossible. Your sister must have connections. I'm very jealous.

    I would try fries with mayo, but OMG what if I liked them? Deadly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ren, I'm sure Peachie would go shopping with you anytime. But she would want to go somewhere other than Eastern Mountain Sports.

    Doxy - seriously, try it.

    e - yes, the first time I had fries and mayo was in Belgium. That's even how they were served at McDonalds but I especially loved the big fries wrapped in a paper cone stuffed with mayo on top that you could get from street vendors. (I'm starting to drool)

    knitter - our tickets are not until the fall, but I hear it is worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete