- On a surprisingly 80 degree day and I had the luxury of calling work to say I won’t be in - I will be out. Outside.
- Taking a hike with a friend and coming across this.* I am very grateful to know what it means to stand in awe.
- Getting to spend a day in NYC, just me and my baby girl. I do not take time with my daughters for granted. What a joy they are to me.
- Finding and riding this carousel, located between the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges. I am giddy in love with carousels and this was a happy surprise to me. A 1922 Philadelphia Toboggan Company carousel. And the location was magnificent!
- Enjoying a fancy brunch at a restaurant with great views of the Brooklyn Bridge and the Statue of Liberty. Why is it that the fancier the restaurant, the smaller the food? I am very grateful that my desserts are not usually this small (and this was to share!)
*I am not on social media so I don’t marinate myself in negative, nasty political news. But when I go out in the woods I feel a sadness that if we don’t solve our environmental problems soon I doubt Mother Earth will care about any of our labels. It really won’t matter if our politics are far right or far left, or the color of our skin, or who we love, or what deity we choose, or choose not to worship. We will all go down in the filth together.