1. Giving Blood. It has been a long, long time since I’ve been eligible to donate blood, either because of the cancer and or medication issues. I am finally eligible again! (Because, you know, you never really feel particularly healthy when a blood bank won’t take your blood)
2. All those people who are unaware of the beautiful impact they've made on my life.
3. Veterans. All veterans. But especially those wounded warriors whose injuries are not visible.
4. Beanie home for a surprise (16 hour) visit. She basically came home to sleep and clean out the fridge, but I’ll take it. Also that an event she helped organize at college raised $19,000 for St. Judes. I am so very proud of her.
5. A day trip in New England, browsing antiques shops, country stores and enjoying a wonderful comfort food yankee pot roast in an old tavern, with a fire, on a cold blustery day. This time of year Martha and I are so busy we rarely see each other on weekends. Getting an extra free day on a three day weekend was delightful.