Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Full of Grace

1. Kind people in the grocery store.  After my last surgery, and now weekly after each expansion, I lose a lot of arm range of motion.   I stand helpless in the grocery store, wanting something from the top shelf.  Someone always comes along to graciously help.   


2. My daughters who both surprised me this weekend by coming home.  


3. A small window of warm weather that melted the icy sidewalks and allowed me to take a few glorious walks with my dog and see little patches of green.   


4. My sciatic nerve has finally calmed down.  What a pain in the ass.  Literally

5. Martha finding an extra grow light fixture and helping me set up an additional table for starting seeds in the basement.    Flowers and veggies get planted this weekend.   As much as I love winter, I am anxiously anticipating Spring.

4 comments:

  1. It's a bitch that they keep putting the Nutella on the top shelf, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ren, hahaha!

    So glad that good things are happening. Including some warm weather! Yay!

    I haven't done anything with the garden yet, but I'm pretty sure I should be getting the peas in the ground...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got a reprieve for a couple of days, much of the snow melted. But then below freezing again. Thankful for the couple of days. Yay for shelf reachers (and random acts of kindess, generally). Yay for spring. Bring. It. On.!!!
    .
    Happy Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very grateful for the snow melt. I am always a little freaked out by the possibility of a slip and fall.

    I'm glad people are being nice. A couple of weeks ago, for the first time in my life, I had to tell someone I couldn't help them reach something like that. I did rope someone else in to doing it. It was weird not to be the person doing the actually reaching. Not terrible ... but weird.

    I know you'd love to be planting outside, so it's nice that the grow lights give you some of that gardening, play in the dirt time without needing the cooperation of the weather. I'm not trusting this weather at all.

    Yay for daughters' visits and for no sciatica. Not being able to sit is a huge challenge.

    ReplyDelete