Monday, July 26, 2010

Weird Week

This past week has been trying.
First was the graduation party, which was fun but having a house filled with people for the entire weekend was very draining for this introvert.

Monday I had a difficult therapy session that fed into one of the worst nights of flashback nightmares I can remember having in a long, long time. Felt totally deflated for days afterward.

Then my boss made a deal that wasn’t very well thought out, which when made public, created a storm of criticism. So my boss told the leader of the neighborhood opposition to send all emails to me. WTF? I have been inundated with calls and emails hammering me for something I had no part of, did not agree with, and then had to respond to with some kind of diplomacy. Yes, this is why I make the big bucks ::sarcasm::

In the wee hours of Thursday morning I got a call that my mother had been rushed to the hospital with back and chest pain. Made the drive down to see her. She was sent for a multitude of tests but they could find no cause. She was released on Friday and is feeling much better, although hesitant to not know the cause to begin with.

Came home, pretty much exhausted, but looking forward to a quiet weekend at the lake. Then found out that my daughters had invited a bunch of friends to come up too. Not being able to face another weekend of teenagers, I begged off and stayed home. Alone. Oh, sweet heaven.

Batteries recharged.

But last night I had trouble sleeping because the room was so bright with the full moon. A full moon? Not a good omen for the week to come.

4 comments:

  1. Yes but the the astrology people say this: the full moon is in Aquarius. It is like the preview of another way to live. Aquarius is the one plugged in to the cosmos, and at this lunar peak, we can too. Watch for strange, trippy, genius ideas or random encounters with people that electrify your creative dreams.

    I am looking forward to strange, trippy and random encounters.

    (So glad your mom is ok.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good grief, what a week. Hang in there!

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there nothing you can do to prevent the flashbacks? Seems like double jeopardy to go through the therapy and still relive the nightmares. I am so sorry.

    I will keep you and your mother in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omens are nothing more than we make of them...think positive thoughts. I love the moon, no matter what phase she is in. Full moons are time to let go of things. What are you holding onto, what beliefs do you currently hold, that are no longer serving you?

    Sometimes it's good to just hang at home and chill. :)

    ReplyDelete