1. What's your favorite Dr. Seuss book?
Green Eggs and Ham
2. If you could live in any home on a television series, what would it be?
I really don’t watch much television but now if I’m home, I will watch Modern Family. I would like to live with Cam and Mitchell. Well, maybe just with Cam.
3. What's the longest you've gone without sleep?
Twenty four-plus hours. College and babies do that to you.
4. What's your favorite Barry Manilow song?
Not a fan at all but if I had to choose - Ready to take a chance again - as it nicely captures a point in my life when I chose to let myself be happy again.
5. Who's your favorite Muppet?
Sesame Street: Elmo
Non-Sesame Street: Rizzo the Rat and Bean Bunny
6. What's the habit you're proudest of breaking?
7. What's your favorite website?
The web cam from the beach where I grew up. I usually have it minimized in the corner of my computer so I can watch the beach all day long.
8. What's your favorite school supply?
9. Who's your favorite TV attorney?
Again, I don’t watch much TV.
10. What was your most recent trip of more than 50 miles?
Boston - Took my daughter for a college visit.
11. What's the best bargain you've ever found at a garage sale or junk shop?
A first edition, gold leaf copy of Elizabeth Barrett Browning poems. 25 cents.
12. Where were you on September 11, 2001?
At work. The fire guys have a tv in their office and I watched events unfold from there. One man, knowing I am from NY, quietly reached out and held my hand. When the first tower came down, I went home to start checking on family who live and work in Manhattan. All my family was safe but a close friend of ours lost her brother.
13. What's your favorite tree?
Hard to choose. We have a beautiful dogwood in the backyard that puts on quite a show of white flowers in June and then red berries in fall.
14. What's the most interesting biography you've read?
I really enjoyed John Adams: A Life.
15. What do you order when you eat Chinese food?
Some kind of garlic shrimp and fried rice.
16. What's the best costume you've ever worn?
My girls had a halloween, mystery dinner and I dressed (and served) as a butler.
17. What's your least favorite word?
18. If you had to be named after one of the 50 states, which would it be?
Maine. I’m kind of used to one syllable names.
19. Who's your favorite bear?
Winnie the Pooh and of course my youngest daughter who we always called Peachie Bear.
20. Describe something that's happened to you for which you have no explanation.
Threatened to be kicked out of church.
21. If you could travel anywhere in Africa, where would it be?
Egypt. I would love to see the pyramids.
22. What did you have for lunch yesterday?
Toast with humus and a pear. (Yep still on the diet)
23. Where do you go for advice?
Depends on the problem. Mostly my mom for family or household stuff. Friends for most everything else.
24. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus?
25. Have you ever been snorkeling? Scuba diving?
Snorkeling, yes. Scuba diving, no.