Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Full of Grace


My brother-in-law came through his major cancer surgery with flying colors. There was no more cancer in the organs but a few cells in a lymph mode so he still has to endure more chemo treatments. Still considering the usual prognosis for pancreatic cancer, he is a miracle and I am fully expecting him to be dancing at my daughter’s wedding.


Enjoyed an amazing trip to Portland, OR. I had never been to the Pacific Northwest and it exceeded my expectations. Glorious gardens and mountains and trees and waterfalls and salmon that has ruined me for ever eating Atlantic salmon again.




Also included - a side trip to Seattle, a scenic road trip to the Pacific Ocean,



a tour of Portland and it’s outlying farmland, and weird things Portlanders do like tying toy horses to old horse rings


and counting their airport carpet as one of the “things to do in Portland”.

When in Rome, do as the Romans do


Best of all was spending time with, and learning from, my most dear and delightful friend E, who was the most accommodating of hosts, and playing with her furry friends Pierre and Angus who were both charming and entertaining.

The last leg of the flight home was extremely turbulent - so much so that stewards were not allowed to serve any drinks or snacks, many people were vomiting, and my seatbelt was literally keeping me in my seat.

So once again, very grateful for great friends and family, the ability to travel and for arriving home safe and sound with memories that will last me a lifetime.

10 comments:

  1. I am so glad that your brother-in-law has a hopeful prognosis. That's a tough cancer. He'll dance at both daughters weddings!

    We had a fun time, didn't we? The week just flew by! I really enjoyed having your company and showing off my neighborhood/city/region. I hope you'll come again!

    Maybe take the train next time and avoid the nightmare of air travel... if only it didn't take so long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a great time and you were a great ambassador for your region but next you must come explore the Adirondacks and Big Apple with me.

      PS - I'm sorry I forgot to mention the Mighty Columbia in my post.

      Delete
  2. Glad you made it home okay! And also, great news about your brother-in-law. Hoping or the best for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. All's well that ends well.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad your brother in law made it through his surgery. A Whipple I'm guessing. Glad you had a wonderful trip to. The Northwest is beautiful, in Canada too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, yes a Whipple.

    Your gorgeous photos were a big impetus for me to want to see the PNW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy for the successful surgery, the fantabulous trip, and the safe return.

    I am letting two words stew...Pacific Salmon.

    Welcome back. Love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great news about your brother-in-law. I love knowing when the force of life successfully tackles statistics.

    We have family in Seattle and have been there a couple of times. I love the area except for all the rain. I love that you visited e. I was little jealous, which really just means our blog friendships are so special.

    I posted, my friend. :^)
    love
    kj

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, sorry for the rocky ride home but otherwise it sounds like a great trip. It's funny - I've traveled very widely but haven't (yet) made it to the PNW.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dr Itua cure my HIV, I have been a ARV Consumption for 10 years. i have been in pains until i came across Dr Itua on blogs site.I emailed him about my details of my HIV and my location i explained every thing to him and he told me that there is nothing to be scared of that he will cured me, he gave me guarantee,He ask me to pay for items fees so when i'm cured I will show gratitude I did and giving testimony of his healing herbs is what I'm going to do for the rest of you out there having HIV and other disease can see the good work of Dr Itua.I received his herbal medicine through EMS Courier service who delivered to my post office within 5 working days.Dr Itua is an honest man and I appreciate him for his good work.My GrandMa called him to appreciate him and rest of my friends did too,Is a joy to me that I'm free of taking Pills and having that fat belle is a nightmare.you will understand what i'm talking about if you have same problem I was having then not now though.I'm free and healthy Big Thanks To Dr Itua Herbal Center.I have his calendar too that he recently sent me,He Cure all kind disease Like,Cancer,Weak Erection,Wart Remover,Hpv,Herpes,Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s disease
    ,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,Hypertension,Fibromyalgia,Hiv,Hepatitis B,Liver/Kidney Inflamatory,Epilepsy,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Brain Cancer,Lung Cancer,Infertility,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,siva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheriaAmyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpe ,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.Fibroid,Diabetes,Dercum,Copd ,and also Bring back Ex Lover Back..Here his Contact .drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com / info@drituaherbalcenter.com Or Whats_app Number +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete