Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Full of Grace


I am so fortunate to live close enough to New York City and to have the financial means necessary to take advantage of the amazing performances and art that the city offers.

And a full day of seeing Cate live on stage in The Present and then playing 13 different characters on 13 different screens for the Manifesto art installation made for a very awestruck, weak in the knees, me.


Having a guaranteed pension and health benefits that has allowed me to say “take this job and shove it.”  I didn’t really say that - in fact I am forever grateful for a career that I loved and the wonderful people I have collaborated with over the years.  I am acutely aware that it is a great privilege to be able to now retire with no financial worries.

Meryl Streep. I am not big on celebrities using award shows to espouse political views but wow, you just have to love Meryl when she nails it.

Choosing my word for the year WOTY - “Marriage”.  After having shared our lives for over a quarter century, I have found that I take Martha for granted. We do indeed finish each other’s sandwiches. So this year, now legally married, I am going to refresh my primary relationship by creating and sharing new adventures, upping my appreciation, and centering on gentle kindness, even when she is on my last nerve.


4 comments:

  1. Go You!

    Ok, so the job thing, yeah! So fantastic. Great decision. I'm glad you know how lucky you are, and I'm glad that you are lucky. :-)
    Your girl, Cate... wow! How in the world did you luck out like that? ::insert sound of admiring whistle:: And, look at her! Brave.
    Meryl - all the props, lady. Agree with you, 8, about celebrities and politics, but that's what passes for dignified exposition these days.
    WOTY - I smiled when I read your word. There is a wonderful synchronicity to your wedding/marriage and your retirement. Your focus would have changed anyway, with the increase in self-directed activity, and now you can give more than a passing thought to your primary relationship. I love that there will be new adventures! I'm hopeful for a travelogue! :-)
    Thanks for the ongoing reminder to look for the good...
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a wonderful resolution/word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so happy you are a happy lucky duck. you'll love the time. i'm wrapping up too and i'm super excited.
    maybe you'll be traveling to provincetown one day?!!
    love your pal
    kj

    ReplyDelete