Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Countable

I don’t know about you but I am having a great deal of trouble trying to stay on top on the news. Fake news, alternate facts, executive orders, cabinets appointments. It’s all coming at me like a bomb exploded.  

Until I found the phone app Countable

You tell it the issues you’re interested in and it keeps you up to date with any actions happening in Congress on that issue. It will send you notifications if you'd like.

It gives you the details of every bill before Congress and will tell you how your representatives voted.

You plug in your zip code then if you have an opinion on an issue the app will send it to your representative for you. Easy peasy.


I have not yet used it enough to sense any bias, either way, in it’s content. But if you are looking for an easy way to stay on top of the avalanche of changes, and to make your voice heard, I highly recommend trying this.

I have not been paid for this post. I just really like this app. And it's free!




6 comments:

  1. I may check that out. Everything feels overwhelming right now. Thanks for the useful app, 8. We've got to look out for each other... xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The whole political climate has gone berserk! Thanks for this recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Overwhelming, yes.

    Checking it out. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to check it out as long as it doesn't induce stress!!! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, interesting. I'll have a look at that. I've kind of made it my mission to do some rudimentary fact-checking of FB political posts. So much fake news out there!

    ReplyDelete