- New York State Governor Cuomo placing a ban on official State travel to North Carolina because of their new discriminatory law. Stating “in New York, we believe that all people - regardless of their gender identity or sexual orientation - deserve the same rights and protections under the eyes of the law.” Yeah, I do love my New York State values.
- Taking a tour of my Town’s water treatment plant. I never knew how complicated the process was - dependent on weather and at what level the water is taken from the reservoir, and where you are on the water line, and a score of other factors. I am very grateful for the dedicated folks who keep my water safe.
- Getting results back from genetic testing that showed of 22 markers for cancer mutations, all mine were negative.
- The police officer who helped when my dog got loose while out on a walk. I knew my dog knew the way home but I live on a major, high traffic street and I was scared that she would get hit. The police officer parked in the middle of the street with his red lights flashing, and slowed all traffic until my dog got safely across.
- Getting step #1 of the deck replacement - relocating bushes - done before this happened.
Yeah, this might set me back a few days.