Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Full of Grace

  • Going to a 3 year old’s birthday party.  She (in her Frozen Ella dress) so excited, so twirly, so giggly, so contagiously happy.
  • Finally coming home from a 3 year old’s birthday party.  Me (in my sweater covered with cheese doodle drool from her younger brother) so over stimulated, so tired, so happy to retreat to quiet sauna, and bed.
  • Our new coffee maker that concurrently heats water for my tea. How cool is that?





  • That my family, who all live in the New York metropolitan area, safely survived the snowstorm.
  • Starting to plan a new project - building a new deck.  Our old deck was never constructed properly (another Martha "good enough" job) and has become literally unsafe.  I love designing and planning and can’t wait to start ripping the old one apart.  

7 comments:

  1. Our second kuerig is on its last leg - so we are looking for a new coffee pot. I would like one that would do single cups and a pot - so will have to look into it.

    Your new project sounds like a fun challenge... We are starting to make a list of things to do in spring. It never seems to end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes almost 5 minutes for the water to heat on the "just water" side, so I only like it on weekends when I drive a lot of tea or cocoa, and can make oatmeal or soup.

      Martha is starting my 2016 "to do" list. I think she is already on the second page!

      Delete
  2. So, you finally got some snow... :-) I'm glad you are all safe after this storm. It was a doozy.
    The great thing about little kids' birthday parties is the squealing fun and going home! You're a good sport, 8!
    Have fun with the deck project. We rebuilt mine a few years ago and used Trex for the decking -- you know, that plastic and wood composite? It's spendy but great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately no, all the snow went south of us. My snow shoes just sit, lonely.

      I am definitely going with a composite. Everything I do now I look to reduce maintenance. You have pictures? I'm looking for ideas . . .

      Delete
  3. haha---good enough is only good enough for hand grenades and government work as my band director used to say. Glad you're all safe and sound - we barely even got a foot and with the wind, I didn't even have to shovel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister, on the Island, said the same thing - lots of drifts but then clear patches. But my nephew in Yonkers got hit bad - mostly because there is no place to put it. We are still waiting . . .

      Delete
  4. Oh, parties for the wee ones. Such great joy, rocky mountain highs.

    That storm looked brutal and of course, the media made it look and sound like everybody got it. Glad everyone (who did) came out okay.

    I / we want/need a new coffee maker/pot. We are on different spectrums so limping along with what is for now.

    Projects. Yum. Sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete