Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Updates

I have a hand full of blog posts that I started and didn’t finish. Now they are outdated. Life has been very, very hectic but with mostly good stuff. So here are just some highlights to play catch up.

Beanie graduated High School on Saturday. It was a rather unemotional culmination to the whole school experience. She did not cry. I did not cry. Very unlike all the sports awards and banquets where we all sobbed. Sports she will miss. School work, not so much. Still a nice, dignified ending ceremony. And she did not trip up or down the stage. We all lost that bet.

On Sunday Martha and I drove our younger daughter across the state to attend a week long leadership conference. She was chosen from a regional selection process to participate. Another proud parent moment. We drove 4 hours there, dropped her off, and drove 4 hours home. The more active my kids are, the more I sit. Definitely not good for the butt.

I have not seen Beanie since the graduation. She has still not returned home from parties. Although she does text once in a while to let us know she is alive. And I am glad that the kids camp out at the house where they are partying. We have no tolerance for drinking and driving.

Today Martha (who does not work in the summer) and Beanie are going up to our lake house to spend a couple of days together. Or perhaps to just sleep off the partying. Yes, I am jealous.

All of a sudden I have heard from a number of people from my former church. Nice ‘how are you?’ emails and congratulations for Beanie. Not sure what happening there.

Finally, I had a very emotionally tough, but productive therapy session yesterday. And I am grateful to now have the house to myself. I am needing a little quiet, reflective time. Listen to whatever music I want. Eat junk food. Allow myself to feel sad for a while.

And sit down to write about it, which I know is an integral part of my therapy. I need to tap into some emotional and energy reserves and just do it. Unfortunately, the temptations of a nap are more likely to seduce me. . .

5 comments:

  1. You sure have been busy! Keep checking in with yourself, keep breathing. You're right, it's probably good that you've got some alone time, but not too much! If Martha and Beanie aren't back by the weekend, you should go up and join them.

    Thinking of you...
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little R and R is just what you need right now.

    Reflect. Nap. Write. And then get that butt up and moving again.

    I'll check in on you later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. e - yes, I have to pick up Peachie at week's end and then we are all rendevousing at the lake for the holiday weekend with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJune 30, 2010

    Wow you are busy! I hope you enjoy your quiet time. :)

    As for the sitting issue - maybe you could invest in one of those portable seat cushions... you know the ones that parents bring with them to sit on as they watch their kids from the bleachers. That might help with the sore bum. ;)

    Way to go Beanie for not tripping up or down the stage and way to go to Peachie for attending the leadership conference!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJune 30, 2010

    I can't believe how much you've had going on lately.

    You really need this time alone to feel whatever you are feeling and allow yourself to express it outwardly whenever you need to. I find it to be extra work forcing myself to smile when I'm hurting inside. But, like Ren suggested, you should def. not give yourself tooo much alone time. Sometimes that's just counter productive and makes you feel all scattered and maybe even depressed.

    ReplyDelete