Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Full of Grace



I am making new cedar shutters for our house and smell of the wood has filled my garage. It is the most pleasant fragrant aroma with which to fill my lungs.


Going to visit Peachie in Boston and seeing her happy in her new home, all decorated and homey.


And she took me to my very first trip to an IKEA store which was amazing. Lunching on Swedish meatballs was pretty awesome too.


70 degrees in February. I know it was just a tease but getting even a tiny glimpse of Spring fills me with joy and anticipation.


A developed a stye in my eye. I am not particularly grateful about that as it has been ugly and itchy and painful and caused very blurry vision. But I am very grateful that I have gone my whole life without ever having to deal with one of these before. And hopefully never again.



And of course, this:


https://dorothysurrenders.blogspot.com/2018/02/gender-fuck-thursday-cate-edition.html


which has been on a continual loop on my computer.

8 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! I thought of you when I saw that Cate B clip! Well, anytime I see Cate, I think of you. 'Ooh, 8 would love this!'

    Speaking of love, the smell of cedar is right up there on the list of best smells in the world. New shutters - you are so handy! And hard working!

    Your first trip to Ikea? And I thought I was a late bloomer. I'm not a big fan, but I do own several Ikea items. I just don't like the 'rat in a maze' aspect of the store layout. BUT, you got to spend time with your kid, so it's worth it!

    How can you be enjoying 70* days while we just had snow in the PNW? Oh, that's right... we've broken the weather. Sigh. Still, come on Spring!

    Thanks for the update, 8.
    xoxoxoxxooxxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the Ikea store design was rather intriguing - the first time through. But then I thought about what it might be like to just want to run in for one thing and through it to be a nightmare.

      If it makes you feel any better - the day after the 70 degrees we got 5 inches of snow. Still, Spring is clawing its way in to the northeast.

      Delete
  2. Like e, I thought of you too. Smiled.

    I have not (yet) stepped foot in an Ikea.

    I love that you're making shutters and got to spend time with your kiddo.

    Do not love the stye. May it slide away soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should check out the Ikea catalogue - they have some very interesting storage solutions at very reasonable prices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm continually impressed by your mad carpentry skills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Necessity, and being cheap, is the mother of all my carpentry skills.

      Delete
  5. Cedar shutters! That's very cool. Will they be able to shut?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. I thought about making them so they could shut but the cost of the hardware was 4 times the cost of the wood and didn't seem practical. I am thinking now though to make interior shutters for my bedroom windows.

      Delete