1. With the girls home from school and working regular hours, we are once again enjoying family dinners. And even nicer is that we can eat together outside.
2. Even though I have been nagging Martha to get her boat out of the driveway and into the water, it was fortunate that she has ignored me. We share a dock with our neighbor and this is what it looked like on Saturday after a massive rain storm. I have never seen the lake water this high. It did make for great kayaking though as I was able to explore much farther down the little creeks around the lake.
3. It's been just about 10 years since my father died. I don't seem to mention him much as he was a man of few words but he taught by example. I am grateful to be able to spend Father's Day enjoying warm memories and recognizing more and more what a positive influence his quiet strength was in my life.
4. My baby girl turns 21 this week! We made it through raising two daughters to adulthood without pregnancies, arrests, or addictions. Well, at least that we know of.
5. Summer fruit. All of a sudden the markets are teeming with berries and melons and oh I am a happy girl.