1. Three beautiful days with lots of friends (mostly our daughters' friends) at the lake. I never cooked, I never cleaned up, I never washed a dish. I didn't even need to drag my kayak down to the water. Everything was done for me. I do fear that I have reached that place where young folk do things for me because they perceive me as old. Damn. I'm not sure whether I like or hate that.
2. Martha and I winning 4 of 5 matches in beer pong (I played with water.) That will show those little college dweebs what old(er) people can do!
3. Milk tart. A decadent dessert our South African guest made for us. Must get the recipe.
4. Napping in a hammock. Napping on a float. A little snooze on the beach. Really, is there anything more delightful than a nap on a hot summer's day?
5. One additional day at the lake all to myself. Glorious after so much commotion.