1. A change of plans gave me a couple of days with just my daughters at the lake.
2. Accepting the reality that they have both grown up. They were both reading different volumes of 50 Shades of Gray. Peachie - who probably hasn’t read a book since Captain Underpants - is tearing through 50 Shades. Go figure.
3. Having really great discussions with them about abortion, capital punishment, racism and hypocrisy. I am amazed at how passionate, articulate and independent they have become in their views. We didn't always agree, but so lovely to have an adult conversation with them and get differing points of view.
4. Noodle pudding. Lots and lots of noodle pudding. With this crispy, butter laden, cinnamon sugar topping. There goes the cholesterol numbers.
5. Just learning the difference between green beans and string beans. This city girl is ever so slowly becoming farmer. And I like it!