Sunday, May 12, 2013
Full of Grace - Mother’s Day edition
1. That I was told I could no longer physically have children - but I have them anyway!
2. That almost every day I get an “I love you mom” text or phone call.
3. The cards and texts (and cupcake) I received from my “adopted” daughters - Beanie and Peachie's friends since they were little and now some of their college housemates too. I love how our non-traditional family keeps picking up more members as we roll along.
4. That both my daughters drove home from college for the weekend even though they are frantically studying for finals. I love seeing them sleeping in their childhood beds.
5. That I miss my mother more than ever. As hard as that missing is, especially today, I know far too many people who have lost their moms far too young or have fractured or non-existent relationships with their own mothers. I had the benefit of a full and wonderful and loving relationship for decades. I can’t think of anything for which I am more grateful.
Happy mother's day all. And now I will be going into the woods for a few days of soul rejuvenation.