It seems that after a rather rough July/August, the universe has decided to make amends and present me with glorious moments and ear to ear smiles. First was being able to share the Adele concert with my whole family. Then as soon as I returned, I packed to take a short vacation with my oldest daughter. She had called to say she would have a week off between quitting her part time jobs and starting her first full-time, professional job where she would not accumulate vacation time for at least six months. Could we please do something relaxing . . .
- So very grateful for the internet which allowed me to find incredibly cheap, spur of the moment, non-stop flights to Florida.
- Being able to wake up to this every morning
- Spending one-on-one time with Beaner. Truth is, she is much closer to Martha than me, mostly because of the basketball connection. Having 5 days together, just us, was really fun. And a little frightening - did I really need to hear about all those boyfriends???
- Kayaking through Floridian canals. Beaner choose a paddleboard.
- And leaving Florida before the hurricane hits but not before seeing the sun set with a beautiful rainbow.
But lest anyone think my whole life is one big bowl of cherries - this past week I got so pissed off at my boss I wrote my letter of resignation. (I did not submit it . . .yet), my dog got skunked for the 2nd time - yup, right after we finally finished washing all the drapes, bedding, walls and carpets from the last skunking, and next week I have to have surgery to have my gallbladder removed.
Life. Never a dull moment.