1. The deck is done, furniture assembled and I finally got to relax and enjoy it. A full post, with pictures, will be coming.
2. I snagged tickets to this. Yeah, I'm not too excited.
3. I threw a few handfuls of wildflower seeds along a side of the house which is unused and this magically appeared!
4. The Tony awards which was proof, again, of just how wonderful diversity can be.
5. Lastly, it's been a difficult week hasn’t it? The Stanford rape case and the Orlando massacre, with countless other tragedies in between? While I have followed these cases, I do not allow myself wallow in the constant news feeds that hit my inbox. It is all too much for me and I'm, not going to reiterate thoughts and feelings already posted by many, many others. I’m sure you can all imagine how I feel.
What I am thankful for though is that people can heal from these traumatic events. While I am not exactly the poster child for how to go about healing (hint: don’t wait years to get some professional help) I do think I can stand as an example that healing can occur. Not only for me but for the woman in the Stanford case who is already light years ahead of where I was (or perhaps will ever be) and for all women who have ever experienced the trauma of rape. There is hope and there is healing. And for that I am immensely grateful.