Better late than never . . .
- Finally deciding on deck furniture so I no longer have to be dragged around shopping. Ironically we bought stuff from the very first store we went to but never saw this particular set. We have to wait 3 weeks for delivery but then I will post some pictures.
- The kitchen part of the deck is still not finished because we can’t decide on a counter top. This has given me a nice long break from construction which frankly has worn me out.
- We got this propane fire pit (at a ridiculously low price at a scratch and dent) so I can roast marshmallows without the bother of building a fire. Lazy? Absolutely.
- Survived moving Beaner into her attic apartment in sweltering heat. But it was worth it when I overheard her roommate say “your parents are awesome” and Beaner responded, “I know.” I guess we’re not as embarrassing to her as we were when she was a teenager.
- The May Healthier Eating Challenge was a success for me in that I have stopped eating junk food at work. I find now since I don’t start eating sugar early, it's much easier to stay away from it throughout the day. A successful change of habit and I feel better too. How'd everyone else do?