- Going to a new cafe called Puzzles where their mission is to “improve the livelihood of individuals, families, and communities affected by autism spectrum disorders”. Special needs folks cook and wait tables and make incredible tasting puzzle cookies like this.
I am very grateful that there are people who create employment opportunities for folks who often have very few other chances.
- Adele. Her music is helping Beaner get through her break up. And I much prefer Adele blasting through the house to the crass, hip hoppy, rap music Beaner usually listens to.
- These are back in the stores! They only make these special edition white cheddar cheese balls at Christmas (snow balls) and Easter (rabbit tails). I have a very unhealthy relationship with them.
- Stores that are closing on Black Friday and asking folks to go outside. And many places are waiving all park fees to encourage just that. I, myself, will be out hiking off the annual overindulgence of mashed potatoes and rolls.
|Leftovers suitable for taking backpacking|
- And a very special note of gratitude to all those who work on holidays, not in the interest of consumerism, but in the interest of humanity. Public safety and health workers, here’s to you and all you do and all you give up, to help and protect the rest of us.