1. Only needing sedation instead general anesthesia for my last surgery which made recovery a breeze. My surgery was at 9 am and I left the hospital at 11:30. What a difference and what a relief.
2. I’ve been selected to participate in an Livestrong at the Y program for cancer survivors. It’s a 12 week program “ to help participants build muscle mass and muscle strength, increase flexibility and endurance and improve functional ability. Additional goals include reducing the severity of therapy side effects, preventing unwanted weight changes and improving energy levels and self esteem. A final goal of the program is to assist participants in developing their own physical fitness program so they can continue to practice a healthy lifestyle, not only as part of their recovery, but as a way of life.” Sounds good to me. I’ve been in the hospital 3 times in the last 3 months, each requiring time to rest and recuperate. I have become soft and lazy and sluggish. I am excited about this.
3. Woke to an abnormally cold house with the furnace clicking on, but mostly off in 10 below weather. Called the repair place at 6:00 am. At 5:00 pm the repairman finally showed up my now freezing home and knocked a piece of ice off the outside intake pipe which solved the problem. Gave me the bill for $176 for a total of 7 minutes labor and no parts. (there may be a bit of sarcasm in that gratitude) Still, I was very grateful to have heat again.
4. The light is changing. Our temperatures are still way below normal and there is still a lot of snow of the ground, but the mornings are bright and sunny and it is staying light longer into the evening. March came in like a lion so it will go out like a lamb. Right????
5. This little guy/girl suddenly appeared with my seedlings. A good omen, I think.