Summer weather ended rather abruptly for us. Quite suddenly the mornings are dark, the light has changed and the nights are very cool. Although I generally like to ease a little more slowly out of summer, there is so much I love about fall.
1. The bedroom windows are open a bit to let the cold air in and the heavy blanket and down comforter are back on the bed. There is something very soothing to me about sleeping under some weight.
2. And being able to snuggle.
3. The pool has closed. Normally I find this the saddest part of the end of summer, but this year I am tired of cleaning it. People seldom use it anymore, and it the constant vacuuming and chemicals and skimming and something always wrong with the pump - this year I was grateful to see the winter cover go on.
4. Having Beaner ask me to take her and her boyfriend on a hike on a cool, crisp Sunday morning. Feeling very blessed to be asked, and got a great hike out of it too.
5. First apple cider donuts of the season, hot out of the oven and melt in your mouth awesome goodness.