Tuesday, July 1, 2014
Full of Grace
1. Beaner's boyfriend, having moved within 2 hours of us, finally got his own apartment! I get my house back. I get my bathroom back. One less car to have to jockey around in the driveway. I'm sure he will still be here on weekends, but no more starting my week tripping over him.
2. That Beaner got her first field assignment for her graduate program - working with kids whose parents are incarcerated. Yay! So much better (for worrisome me) that she is not in another prison. I love that she has chosen a career wanting to help people that many do not want to help. But as a mom, I'd rather her be safe.
3. Taking Peachie to NYC to celebrate her 21st birthday - Fifth Avenue shopping and to see James Franco and James O'Dowd in Of Mice and Men. I really don't see the appeal of Franco, but she does so she was a very happy camper in her front row seat. How O'Dowd did not win the Tony for this performance is beyond me. He was phenomenal.
4. Playing the ladies who lunch, I had this amazing salad - lobster waldorf salad with the most delicious vanilla bean dressing, which I got on the side. And then licked the serving bowl of every last bit. Wow was that good!
5. Starting to harvest food from my garden. I'm not sure there is anything so satisfying as growing your own food. Or anything that tastes so good.
A week filled with the blessings of abundance.