Thursday, June 12, 2014

Postponed

Well, the backpacking trip has been postponed.


We would have left early this morning but there was nothing we felt we could salvage from this forecast.   I don't mind backpacking in some occasional rain, in fact I like how a forest looks and smells after a good rain.   But it has been raining for days which would make the trails slippery and two full days of nothing but rain and mud is less than pleasurable.  So, rescheduled for next week.  The nice thing about postponing is that I had cleared my calendar so now I have two full days with no commitments.  

In other news-

My children are driving me nuts.  Beaner's stuff is still clogging the entire garage, which means four cars in the driveway, which means someone always blocking someone else in, which means a lot of irritation for everyone.

Too many people vying for the bathroom in the morning.

They keep taking my charging cords, my deodorant, my favorite foods, my car, my money, my space, my sanity.   Who are these people and why do they keep calling me mom????


I obviously need to get away for a bit.  Praying to the sun gods for decent weather next week.


5 comments:

  1. Good decision! I hope you have a super duper weekend of your choosing, with or without your charger and your car keys :-)

    Love
    kj

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJune 13, 2014

    Oooh, too bad you can't just head to the beach and hang out there all day tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does this mean you don't want to bring the kids next week?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh of joys of adult kids at home. Keepinga good thought for several days of sun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Head to the cabin for a couple of days!
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete