1. Much has been written this week about Maya Angelou. She touched so many people. My personal gratefulness centers on her poem "And Still I Rise" which was, and continues to be, my inspiration for every time I ever fell down that rabbit hole of anxiety, fear and despair. Her words gave me strength. Every. Single. Time. How do you thank someone for that?
2. That one of my dearest friend's father has been gravely ill. So ill that he was told to get his affairs in order. And then he recovered. He credits all the prayers that were sent his way, so I am grateful for all those prayers. And that he feels better.
3. Spaghetti squash. One of the nice things about your kids going to college to live with other kids is that they learn all sorts of new recipes. I had never had spaghetti squash and probably would have never tried it since I generally don't care for other squashes. But my daughter made it and I really like it. It's a good thing to be able to add new vegetables to my rather limited veggie repertoire.
4. Power tools. I've been doing a lot of work around the house and cabin. Reciprocating saw, miter saw, table saw, Dremel thing, jig saw, all sorts of drills, lawn tractor, rototiller - I have them all. I can't even imagine the labor that was necessary to build a shelter or clear fields before we had all this powerful help.
5. Mondays off. Yesterday was 84 and sunny. Not a cloud in the sky. And I got to enjoy every moment of it in my garden and lounging on the grass.