1. The awesome “Thanks for being our mom” book my daughters gave me for Christmas. It is a pictorial history of our relationship and reduced me to little girl tears. Plus we had a lot of laughs about hairstyles and eyeglasses the size of dinner plates.
2. Having to snow blow the driveway in wind chills of minus 15 degrees and then having a 200 degree sauna to defrost in. I once tried going from the sauna into the cold snow and thought I’d have a heart attack. Going from the bitter cold to the heat is so much nicer.
3. That Beaner, who met her boyfriend for a few days in Florida, went to DisneyWorld and brought back my favorite dessert in the world - zebra domes. They are only available at the Animal Kingdom resort and she made a special trip there to get them for me.
Of course, they usually look like this
and what she brought me looked like this
Obviously they didn't travel well, but they still tasted great!
4. That for all the travelling my family has done in the last couple of weeks, that we all managed to beat out the bad weather and arrived safely, and almost on time.
5. That returning to work I found this on my desk - a gift from someone who wanted to thank me for helping them through the development process. I feel VERY thanked!