1. The girls are home so we did our traditional Disney movie together. If you have not seen Frozen, go see it. It is wonderful. And if you want to know what my daughters look like, that would be them.
2. Beanie’s boyfriend, who during some alone time with him told me “I know she has had a hard time with a former boyfriend. I just want you to know that I love your daughter very much and that I would never, ever hurt her.” And he bought her a star for her birthday. She is very happy. I hope he’s a keeper.
3. Peachie, who once again bought me a sentimental present to mark the second anniversary of my mastectomy. She will always be my emotional, cuddly, caring daughter. I want her to be the one to pick my nursing home : )
4. Family dinner out for Beanie’s birthday. Beautiful Italian restaurant, sharing a bottle of wine, great conversation, lots of laughs and the lobster and crab ravioli in tarragon sauce that was to die for.
5. The ability to take a family vacation, to a lovely tropical place. We are on the brink of our daughters’ independence and live’s of their own that will take them who knows where. I am so, so grateful for the time we are able to spend during the holidays and to be able to vacation together.
I wish you all a beautiful holiday, whatever you conceive that to be. I will be back after the New Year.