Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Full of Grace

1.  The girls are home so we did our traditional Disney movie together.  If you have not seen Frozen, go see it.  It is wonderful.  And if you want to know what my daughters look like, that would be them.

2.  Beanie’s boyfriend, who during some alone time with him told me “I know she has had a hard time with a former boyfriend.  I just want you to know that I love your daughter very much and that I would never, ever hurt her.”  And he bought her a star for her birthday.  She is very happy.   I hope he’s a keeper.

3.  Peachie, who once again bought me a sentimental present to mark the second anniversary of my mastectomy.   She will always be my emotional, cuddly, caring daughter.  I want her to be the one to pick my nursing home : )

4.  Family dinner out for Beanie’s birthday.  Beautiful Italian restaurant, sharing a bottle of wine, great conversation, lots of laughs and the lobster and crab ravioli in tarragon sauce that was to die for.    

5.  The ability to take a family vacation, to a lovely tropical place.   We are on the brink of our daughters’ independence and live’s of their own that will take them who knows where.  I am so, so grateful for the time we are able to spend during the holidays and to be able to vacation together.  


I wish you all a beautiful holiday, whatever you conceive that to be.   I will be back after the New Year.

9 comments:

  1. 1. I don't know if I can handle Frozen, it sounds cold. But I'm glad you enjoyed it!
    2. Yay! I'm glad he understands this and is awake. Thank goodness. (And a star! It reminds me of the little kid giving anniversary advice in Family Man. Very romantic.)
    3. How sweet is this.
    4. This sounds lovely.
    5. So happy about this! Enjoy your time together.

    Happy and beautiful holiday right back at you! See you in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh have so much fun! I am so so happy for you to get to go to a warm tropical place and enjoy your beautiful daughters. This must be such a magical time, watching them test their wings and knowing that they'll be soaring very soon and basically kicking life's ass! I love it. Happy, happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful post about the gift of family, Disney's ode to sisterhood, and your family growing, caring and sharing.

    Enjoy your holiday festivities, your vacation, and your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous of your tropical visit that I am downright un-Christmaslike. It is ten degrees here and I am surrounded by noise and people. Luckily, I love them all...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you, 8! Have a warm and wonderful time in the sun.

    (The nursing home comment made me LOL!)

    xxooxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! Thank you for coming by my blog: you 've made me a bit teary too! I can feel how much you love these girls and I have a girl I love like this also. The transition to adult mother-daughter is a little tricky, I've found, but the love is real and forever

    JB and I saw frozen with our 6 year old grandson and we all loved it.

    Merry Christmas, 8th day . Maybe we'll 'see' one another in the new year
    :-)
    Love
    kj

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some people ARE worth melting for. You would be one of those.

    Happy, merry and safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, merry holiday. It is a treat to be with family (and to like them). You all take gentle care. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You made me smile! My daughters are in love with Anna and Elsa...I guess I need to get them to go to the movie with me if it is still running. Your daughters are so precious and thoughtful too. I can tell they have had a great mother x2. Wow.

    ReplyDelete