This week I asked Martha the same questions I answered about her - What do you love best about me? What drives you nuts? She immediately thought it was a trap. But she did humor me and do it anyway.
She took a long time with 10 things she loved but seemed to want to go on and on about what she didn’t. Go figure.
The love list:
4. Always calm when things are going to shit
5. Generous to people in need, sometimes too much.
6. Loving, caring, involved mother
7. Gave me family
8. Gave my life stability
9. Handles the family finances
10. Handy to have around
And the not so much list:
3. Socially awkward/embarrassing/non-social
4. Shitty cook
5. Picky eater
7. Over analyzes everything
8. Pain in the ass quirks
9. Always on my heels turning out lights while I’m still in the room, turning down the heat when I’m freezing, taking things for compost when I’m still eating, recycling containers before I finish it, lectures on how many miles I drive my car, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera
10. Can spot one single surviving flower in a huge field but doesn’t see the cat puke on the kitchen floor
So for this week’s edition of Full of Grace, I am very thankful that for all my faults (and the list could have been much longer) she still loves me and hasn't kicked me out of the house.