I was in New York City for a long weekend:
- going to the urban design week conference and having my brain pinging with wonderful new ideas and challenges.
- spending time with my sister, niece and my nephew’s new fiancé who is just adorable (and knows more lesbian jokes than anyone I know)
- delicious dinner at The Strip House. Naked ladies, great food.
- seeing The Book of Mormon and laughing so hard my cheeks hurt.
- riding a bike 15 miles from Central Park in Manhattan, over the Brooklyn Bridge to Prospect Park. (I am used to biking back country roads, this was quite the adrenalin rush.)
A weekend of intellectual stimulation, emotional connection, gastronomical delights, humor and physical exhilaration. It was also a weekend without any PTSD symptoms or anxiety, and getting another glimpse of that clear, calm, free life.
The mountain is moving.